Service is the Key!
Nicotine Anonymous World Services is seeking servants for a variety of positions within the fellowship. Please see the contact information below if you would like to learn more about these service opportunities. Remember: you have to give it away to keep it!
Some areas where service is needed on a worldwide level are:
• SevenMinutes committee members. Compile, edit and arrange articles and stories from our members for our "meeting on a page." Published quarterly.
• Writers and poets. Share your experience, strength and hope in SevenMinutes.
• Literature servants. Edit and revise Nicotine Anonymous: The Book Parts I and III. Correct grammatical errors and expand these sections.
• Email and snailmail penpals. Share your experience, strength and hope with members who cannot attend meetings or are looking for support between meetings.
• Telephone and email servants. Respond to telephone calls and email from people taking their first step on the journey. One day of service per week from the comfort of your own home.
• Translators. Carry the message to non-English speaking addicts.
• Networking committee members. Connect people in isolated areas and assist in creating new meetings.
• Outreach committee members. Spread the word about Nicotine Anonymous to health professionals and the media.
• Archiving committee members. Sort and organize correspondence and other materials dating back to the beginning days of the fellowship. (This project will be located in Southern California.)